Magazine Cover Update 3



For this draft, I made a few significant changes to the cover itself after some feedback by members of our target audience. Firstly, on playing around with the colour of the background, I decided to ask people what they thought worked better - a stark black background for the contrast or a darker grey colour. The majority of the people I asked said that they preferred the darker grey background and upon reflection I definitely agree, as I feel that the grey allows the aspects of the cover to blend more softly into the background. I also changed the actual text of one of the titles from 'The Ultimate Horror Special...' to '30 Page Horror Special...' as from continuing to look at more and more magazine covers, I realised that the incorporation of a special feature such as this was very common. If the reader is an active fan of the horror genre, they will be more likely to purchase this magazine as they have now been made aware that a large proportion of the content will be related to their favourite genre. Again, I played around with some of the positioning of the cover lines and ended up moving them further towards the masthead, and I also increased the size of our film title in order to make it more eye catching and take up a larger proportion of the cover itself, to highlight its importance.