Choosing Main Image for Magazine Cover (Megan)


This is the image I have chosen to appear as my main image on my ancillary task of the magazine cover. I particularly liked this image because it is able to achieve a direct mode of address with the reader, and this can make them feel a stronger personal connection with the character right from the beginning. Also, as I would like to use a darker background for my magazine, the white shirt that she is wearing will be able to contrast with the darker colour palette and therefore make my main image stand out more. In this photo, Lucy is also holding one of our main props of the knife, which features frequently in the trailer itself, and the way she is holding it to her neck demonstrates to the reader that she is fearless and is not afraid to put herself into a dangerous situation.