Poster Draft 3


For the final draft of my poster, I removed the gradient background and instead went for a pitch black one instead, as it is more conventional of the horror genre and gives off a much darker atmosphere. I also reduced the size of the release date, as it distracted from the tagline and title. I then moved the both of the logos to either side of it to even out the layout to my poster. Two blood splatters have been added to the top of the poster to prevent it from looking bare, and they are also conventional of the horror genre, complimenting the knife that our character is holding. I also altered the colour of the eyes to red in order to have stronger similarities to the magazine cover, which will also feature red eyes on it. Red eyes have connotations of evil, contrasting with the colour grey of our character on the poster which suits an anti-hero. The most notable change I made to my poster however was changing the image to black and white, which fits more into the conventions of horror than the previously coloured image, which was too bright to be considered 'scary'. The image on our magazine cover is also likely to be black and white, therefore increasing continuity between our products.