Magazine Cover Update 2



For my second draft, I changed a couple of minor things with my cover. Firstly. I removed the red-cross symbol that was previously situated next to my 'exclusive' bubble as I felt that it did not really fit with the rest of the cover and that it was fairly out of place. I also changed the colour of the caption boxes for the secondary images from red to blue, as I felt that keeping them red would have been an overload, and I would like to use the red to highlight the key features of the cover such as the title of our film and the masthead. Another important element that I decided I wanted to be red was the text towards the bottom of the cover 'The ultimate horror special...', as the red really highlights the genre of the content inside due to its connotations of blood and gore in films. Another minor element that I added was the month and price of the magazine just below the masthead, as I realised from looking at many other magazines that this was very conventional, but with Empire magazine in particular it was always very small and situated around the masthead.